Friday, June 15, 2012

Joys of Running

So everyday since my parents have left, I have gone out running in the evenings down to the beach, around the beach a little bit and then back up to the hill. It is a pretty good work out considering the horrible shape that I am in and the humidity of this place. What makes these runs so memorable is not the absolutely stunning scenery, it is the people on the side of the roads who call out "Selamat sore, Dokter!" which translates to "Good evening, doctor!" I just return the greeting and laugh to myself. This is great, I get the title of doctor without having to do any of the work! Another greeting, which is even more special that I get is "Selamat sore, ka!" from the little kids. Ka is the word used to address an older brother. That makes me secretly smile. Its only been a little over a week that I've been here and I can already call this place home.

No comments:

Post a Comment